New york state 4-H Youth Development
Mission, Vision & Values
4-H connects youth to hands-on learning opportunities that help them grow into competent, caring, contributing members of society.
A world in which youth and adults learn, grow and work together as catalysts for positive change
- 4-H reflects the principles of positive youth development, experiential learning and the importance of having fun.
- 4-H encourages family involvement and support by connecting families to their communities and to one another.
- 4-H promotes the development of skills that help young people succeed in higher education, their chosen career path and as members of their families and communities.
- 4-H is committed to achieving a community of staff, volunteers and program participants that reflects the diversity of New York State.
- 4-H creates opportunities for youth to have a voice in the development and evaluation of the program at the local, state and national level.
- 4-H experiences reflect local needs and culture while also preparing youth for success in a rapidly changing world.
- 4-H makes science come alive by connecting youth to Cornell University and the research-based resources of the land grant college system.